Two black and white photographs of a group of workmen by first pile with cross behind. Photographs are identical except for white border around second. On back of second photograph: The building of Guildford Cathedral Sept. 1936. The Cross marking the site on Stags Hill. The Foundation stone, laid by the Archbishop of Canterbury. July 22nd 1936. One of the 778 piles, 48ft, being drawn into position.