Cathedral Minutes April 1954
The Provost reported that there would no difficulty in recovering the land near the New Cathedral, now being used for agricultural purposes.
The New Cathedral Council would not be meeting until October.
With regard to the school the sub-committee were required to continue their investigations.
Interested parties had agreed that the Chapel in the New Cathedral should be known as the Queen’s Chapel. The Regiment was willing to pay for the furnishings this was approved by the Chapter. It was agreed that in the case of any differences between the Chapter and the Council the Bishop should be asked to arbitrate.