Cathedral Minutes January 1956
The Bishop was calling for a meeting on January 31st with regards to the whole situation of the New Cathedral.
Discussion took place as to whether the Naves walls and pillars should be built over the whole length and completed by 1958 or the Eastern portion completed first so as to make part of the Nave available as soon as possible.
Mr Ashendon had made an offer of land which might be suitable for cottages for a gardener and a custodian of the Cathedral.
It was reported that it might be possible to convert “Downplace” near the Hogs Back and two miles from the Cathedral into a day school for about a hundred boys.