Minutes of the Executive Committee of the Guildford New Cathedral Council, March 1964
The Secretary reported that the Crypt was now water tight and it was generally desired that its use as a Song Room should be resumed as soon as possible, before this could be done it was necessary to make this room more comfortable and usable.
A discussion took place on the possibility of commissioning work on the Garths, the Lady Chapel would be finished in May and the Chapter House would be finished in October. It was a greed to postpone consideration of placing the order fro a period of three months.
In 1957 a project was launched to raise £25,000 from Canadian sources to build a Canada Chapel, unfortunately only £3,000 had been subscribed. It was accordingly agreed that the money should be paid into the Lady Chapel Building Fund and the architect should be requested to design a suitable memorial on the walls of the Lady Chapel to record the gift and the use made of it.
It was agreed the tenth anniversary of the Cathedral Council should be held on Friday the 3rd of April 1964, the Mayor had kindly agreed this could be held in the Guildhall in Guildford High Street. The press should be invited.
The Dean reported that the Battersea College of Advance Technology should move to Guildford and be developed as a University on both sides of the A3 road at Manor Farm and on land at the foot of Stag Hill, these proposals were only tentative.
There is a letter from the Secretary dated 25/03/1964 stating that it would be wiser not to invite the press to the annual general meeting.
Terms of Agreement for the period January 1964 to December the 31st 1966 between the Guildford New Cathedral Fund Council and the Dean and Chapter of the Cathedral were listed.