Minutes of the Executive Committee of the Guildford New Cathedral Fund April 1959
The Sub-Committee for the planning of the Clergy houses reported that houses for Dean, Precentor and Residentiary Canon are needed and should be built as soon as possible. It was suggested that the site of the old farmhouse for the Dean’s house and the “Orchard” next to the farm for those of Precentor and Canon.
Miss Iredale reported that the Chapel of the Queen’s Royal Regiment was to be dedicated by the Bishop on Sunday 19th of July at 11.30 am.
The issue of the future status of the Cathedral Council was discussed in the light of the appointment of a Dean and Chapter with a changed status of the Cathedral itself.
Ways to raise money were discussed.