The Guildford New Cathedral Fund Executive Committee January 1955
It was thought that the dedication of the Cathedral would be 1957 and that the services of Miss Iredale would be needed until after the dedication.
Sir Edward Maufe reported in person, on the building plans. He stated what work had been completed during the past year and what new work was hoped to be completed by the 17th April.
The Committee expressed the unanimous opinion to start the building of the whole Nave on the first of March and authorised the Architect to prepare a contract for £50,000 to be spent on the Nave.
The Architect had been asked for an estimate of the cost of the ancillary buildings including the office building.
The Architect reported the possibility of one of the Lancet windows in the Nave being given by The West Surrey Law Society.
The matter of a memorial tablet to Bishop MacMillan was referred to the Architect and Chairman for further consideration.
The possibility of a Flag Day was discussed.
There was a generous offer of tidying up the approach to the Cathedral by Major Micklem.
The Architect was asked to assure Lady Maufe that the committee would greatly appreciate her initiative in arranging an exhibition in the Cathedral for the 17th of April.
Miss Iredale drew attention to a number of heavy bills to be met in the new year, including one from Lee, Bolton & Lee and substantial printing bills for Christmas cards, brick book etc.