The Guildford New Cathedral Fund Executive Committee November 1955
The Provost was asked to report on plans for the Founders’ Plot and Garden of Remembrance to The Chapter.
Some of Miss Iredale’s previous plans had been unsuccessful so an attempt was now being made to find a way of reviving interest in the project of a Canadian contribution.
The finances of building the two cottages to Edward Maufe’s design were discussed.
Miss Iredale reported that the Flag Day had proved worth while.
Mr and Mrs Phillip’s were given thanks for all their work in providing teas regularly on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays and on many special occasions this summer.
Miss Iredale reported the use of Brick Books had resulted in £5,600 during the past year.. She talked about further plans for raising money.
The Committee approved the placing of the MacMillan Arms as suggested by the architect above the door in the Cathedral leading to St. Ursula’s porch.
The Committee discussed ideas to improve access to the Cathedral.
The Committee needed a detailed financial statement before agreeing to submit the contract for the completion of the first part of the Cathedral.
Future plans were discussed.