The Guildford New Cathedral Fund Executive Committee January 1956
The work on the cottages was proceeding according to plan.
The Committee had a further discussion on how to improve the access to the Cathedral.
The Chairman gave an interim report on the heating and maintenance arrangements.
There was no likely-hood the building of the Nave would be completed by 1957. The Bishop reported there was no possibility of the building being consecrated before the seven bays were completed for continuous use. A letter from Sir Edward Maufe pointed out the reasons for the rise in building costs.
Woodham Parish thought that they had subscribed to two windows before the war, Miss Iredale explained that a large number of promises had been made to different parishes but all the gifts received prior to the outbreak of war had been put into the foundations and the first part of the structure, with the exception of a list of special gifts itemised and accounted for in the Special Gift Fund.
Mr and Mrs Phillips were willing to provide teas on Saturdays and Sundays from Whitsun to October 1st.