The Guildford New Cathedral Fund Executive Committee November 1956
Various suggestions for raising funds were discussed.
The committee agreed to ask the Bishop to nominate Lord Hamilton of Dalzell to be a member of the council.
The committee expressed thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Phillips for all their hard work in providing teas in the Pilgrims Hut.
The chairman, the Provost and Miss Iredale interviewed two people from a long list of applicants fro the post of Custodian. The committee agreed to pay the successful applicant, Mr. Llewellyn Williams a salary of £400 a year. It was suggested that Mrs. Williams might act as manageress of the Pilgrims Hut tea rooms. Mr. Phillips would discuss the project with her.
The architects plans for the Canada Chapel were received and accepted with certain conditions.
Despite recent delays to the progress in building the Cathedral, due to a shortage of stone, the builders were satisfied they could keep to the programme of work outlined up to Whitsuntide 1959.