Cathedral Minutes June 1954
Provost stated that £200 had been promised by various donors to the Chapel of Chivalry which was to become the Queens Chapel but he didn’t think this would cause any difficulty.
The Chapter had a report by the sub committee (copy enclosed, Report of the Chapter Sub-Committee, dated 22/06/1954) and he read a letter by the Rev. W.F. Doe, the priest in charge of the Conventional District in which there was agreement with the view of the sub committee that a Parish Church Cathedral would not be suitable for the district. The Chapter felt that consultation should be held with St. Nicolas and Onslow Village as well as the Conventional District.
A resolution was passed saying “we recommend that the Constitution of the new Cathedral should not be that of the Parish Church Cathedral but similar to that of the ancient Cathedrals of our land. Before any final decision is taken however we ask that a conference be convened between representatives of the Chapter, representatives of the Parishes of Onslow Village, St. Nicolas and the Cathedral Conventional District.”